Wednesday, September 24, 2008

random notes

We are taking a few days off from the road at the moment, but we're excited to get up to the great states of Wisconsin and Minnesota this weekend. I promise we'll get some pics up after these next few shows. The past week was incredible though - Maine is so good to us. Not to mention the 1400 people who showed up in Pennsylvania on Sunday!! I finished my book in my bunk somewhere between Bangor and Souderton. Good times. Somehow in Oklahoma last week I lost my sunglasses. My favorite sunglasses. Bad times. I've never owned a nice pair of sunglasses in my life and I took such good care of them - only to loose them in the end. (Here's a pic of Pete sporting my long lost compadre) I really don't know what happened but I'm on a quest to replace them and so far haven't been able to find the exact same pair. Sad Day. I did find out though that the sunglass hut has an incredible return policy. So I'm 'trying' out a pair for the weekend. We'll see how it goes. Silly huh? I never realized how much sunglasses really do help reduce glare and stress on the eyes though ;) I'm Not sold on the grey lenses as opposed to the brown which I loved. hmmm

Anyways! So I'm getting really excited for our little boy to arrive. It's going to be pretty awesome. I can't wait to get him his first guitar!! Which btw I just scanned a picture of mine recently... Yeah it's about to get crazy at our house ;)


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, that's too bad about your sunglasses. I just recently bought my first pair of high dollar shades and I protect them with my life. One time my 3 year old had them on! I was freaking out.

Great picture of your first guitar! I'm sure your boy will be playing with you guys by the time he's able to walk!

andra said...

oh, I love that pic of little Chris! ;)

Rockermom said...

OMgoodness I LOVE that pic, how old were you? I'm pretty sure that Jr will be an awesome guitarist as well. You must post pics of the baby as soon as he arrives (from the hospital if possible, lol)

good luck finding the perfect sunglasses :-)

Much love to you and your family. Enjoy time off and the rest of the tour.

Be blessed!

katie said...

Yeah!!! Minnesota and the people it contains are REALLY excited for you guys to come in TWO days!!! (:

that is pretty sad about the glasses...haha...although the glasses you had at Higherground music fest were pretty hardcore!

ha!! what a fantastic photo!!

Anonymous said...

VERY PROUD TO SAY I WAS AT THE SHOW IN PA! (and Massachusetts) i had such an awesome time with you guys this weekend!

(btw i still need that top spot on myspace)

see i'm getting transition lenses cus i never had the option of wearing sunglasses :(

BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICS OF YOUR LITTLE BOY WHEN HE COMES OUT HERE (into the world) LOL

(lets hope he doesn't decide to be a drummer instead LOL JUST KIDDING!)

~*Becky*~

Cassie said...

Thats a lovely pic of your and your first guitar. lol. Can't wait to see a mirrored image of your boy in a few years!

Rockermom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rockermom said...

Hi Chris

Just wanted to wish you a wonderful LONG week at home with family & friends. Have a great time!!!!

BTW, if you have time check out the new Fansite page that Becky created, is called Sanctified fans, here is the url

http://www.myspace.com/sanctifiedfanatics

Much love to you and the family. Hoping to see you on more time this year to make it an even 10, lol

Be blessed!