Tuesday, September 30, 2008

oh boy - is anybody else tired?

So I'm up late watching Anberlin on Jimmy Kimmel dressed all in black and reading about how I just lost a chunk of change today in the crazy slip and slide that is our nation's economy. Today started out bright and great though. Dominique and I took another road trip - as though this past weekend's jaunt through 'northern accent country' wasn't enough. We headed just a few hours north to a magical place called Frankenmuth, Michigan. And yes - some would say we have northern accents too, though I would like to think mine has withered a bit. We filled up at the Bavarian Inn and ate like mad. It was Dominique's birthday last week so we had a coupon and ate fried chicken and schnitzel without the knowledge of the stock market turning upside down today. But even now I'm not too worried. I mean just throw it in the pile with the rest of the noise we're bottled up in... HD, BluRay, Bluetooth, Nintendo wii's being in stock for Christmas, WiFi that's not free, 2G or 3G, Tall or Grande, rampant illegal MP3 downloads, Home Depot or Lowe's, extended warranties, and no interest no payments til 2012. Oh not to mention that almost everything we buy is made in a foreign country... and that probably includes this sofa and keyboard.  All that aside I guess I'm more concerned with the fact that Bill Maher is on Conan and whole-heartedly thinks there is no God. 

So where does this leave me tonight? Grateful for a God that has orchestrated the creation of the universe, a God that knows no political or economic boundaries. Grateful for a God that loves his creation enough to give us all free will, but saddened that the reality of that also means there are those that will never grasp God's eternal love.

The truth is that everything here on this planet can get crazy. The fact that we're all here is crazy. But I believe there is a God that is crazy about us - we just need to cut out some of the noise to realize it. 


btw - I'm Chris Rohman, and I approve this blog



7 comments:

Unknown said...

So do you mind if we write you in on our ballots?

Unknown said...

oh, and I didn't see Anberlin. What did they play? You know, had to sleep and all.

Jaime said...

LOL, that last line just made my day! :P
Thank you, I needed that laugh.

Anonymous said...

i like the way you ended that blog. you made alot of great points. i'm glad i got a chance to read your thoughts.

o btw tell your beautiful pregnant wife i say happy belated birthday!

~*Becky*~

Ashlen said...

Ahhh what a breath of fresh air and a nice reminder!
My ministers take on all of this is that God might be "humbling" us..what a way to do it, haha!
But alas, it's great to remember that all this shouldn't worry us! We are just passing through here and are on our way to a much better place!

Love the ending ;)

Rockermom said...

As always, a great blog. I also appove it and like Matthew would like to add you in the ballot...

Thanks for sharing, we sometimes need a remainder that GOD is in control!

Glad you are enjoying time at home with your wife (happy belated birthday). May God continue to bless you guys.

Much love,

be blessed!

Rockermom said...

Hey sweetie

Just to let you know that I LOVE Dominique's myspace default pic with both of you under the umbrella, is the Sweetest pic ever!

Hope you're having a great time touring and getting ready for Chris Jr to arrive.

Much love, be blessed!