Friday, January 25, 2008

just a few more months and we'll be fine

This past week has been pretty eventful. Somewhere I forgot to mention I got an iPhone. Although I don't know how it slipped my mind. It's a solid investment. The first iTunes download on my phone was Jon Foreman's second EP - Winter. I downloaded that just after midnight when it came out. I also used the phone to listen to some rough mixes of some acoustic tracks we recorded to supplement the new record. And just tonight I used it to find the number to Red Robin and then proceeded to call an order in for a whiskey river bbq burger. So that's the phone sitch' (that's for you pete)

Right now I'm listening to some good friends of ours latest record - needtobreathe. Their unbelievably good. Scary good actually. Good music is hard to come by these days - at least I think. But what do I know. I was just thinking that I don't know who the jonas brothers are. What does that mean? I know that Tom Petty is doing a summer tour though. And I'm going to be there. I also had this funny thought the other night when I was listening to Jon's new EP. When we recorded our first record for the label we were in the studio one day and one of the label guys came by with a brand new disc. It was switchfoot's beautiful letdown. Yeah - I'm pretty sure he played us meant to live - this was like a year before it came out. He left and we proceeded to record a silly song like captain's chair or something. It was a humbling experience, but if it wasn't for truly good music there would be a lot of mediocre bands with no one to look to for inspiration. So thanks Jon, and thanks Tom for bearing with me.

3 comments:

peteprevost said...

thanks for the sitch' cred.

Jayne said...

loving the Needtobreathe props!

Jaime said...

Hey, just thought I'd post a little note to say that I love your blog, and I look forward to reading more posts! ;)