Monday, December 8, 2008

Really?

So if you were to tell me at the beginning of this year that by Christmas one of the following statements would be untrue I don't know which I would pick.

a.) I would have a baby boy.
b.) I would pay $1.42 for a gallon of gas
c.) I would be nominated for a grammy award
d.) I would see over 2000 people sign up for the Mocha Club
e.) I would have no gray hair

Well I guess hair dye would be the logical solution to the trick question. But it's been a while since I've opened a bottle of that...

So yeah, I'm pretty shocked right now. We had a good little trip to Nashville this weekend to let it all sink in. Pete got married on Saturday. What a great time. It was a perfect day and the bride and groom looked pretty awesome. Dan was in the wedding so he looked cool too. Hopefully those guys will share some photos. I've already seen some and they're ridic. Yep. We got to see a bunch of friends and the very accommodating mr. Jeremy Camp let us stay at his house for the weekend. Dominique said it was like a vacation. I think that's fair to say.

Home right now and it smells like fresh baked cookies.

Can't wait to work on some new tunes this month. I think we may have some good ones on our hands ;)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You're definitely having a great year! Well, except for the grey hair thing. You know, if you let grey streaks come through you could pick it up into bride of Frankenstein style. That would just be awesome!

By the way, you don't have to write all new songs. Think "Remedy" remake. You know it's a sweet song.

Oh, and Liam says hi.

Rockermom said...

I'm glad you're having such a great year, well deserved! Looking forward to the new songs. Also, where are the pics of Josiah???

Have a great week.

Be blessed!

andra said...

Oh, awesome year for Mr. Rohman! :)
God bless you and your family, brother!

Unknown said...

Congrats on a wonderful year for you and SR!

And I agree on the remake of "Remedy"! That's one of my favorite pre-signing songs of yours. :o)

Enjoy Christmas with that new little boy in your house!

Hugs!

Casey said...

Hi there!
So, I don't know if you're cool with random strangers posting on your blog or not-and if you find that sort of thing really weird and intrusive then please just disregard this message entirely. :)
I heard you on the radio this morning(yesfm out of Toledo)and thought about calling in but didn't and regretted that.I just really felt like I needed to tell you a few things, so here I am.
First congrats to you and your wife on the new baby, and to all you guys the Grammy nomination.But really, what I wanted to say is Thank you guys in advance for coming to play at the campus crusade Christmas conference in Indianapolis on the 29th; it will be a great addition to the conference.
Many thanks to you and all the others for all you do! I just thought I'd send a little affirmation your way that what you all are doing really does help people on their journey with the Lord (ya know, in case the Grammy nomination didn't already confirm that).
Have a great Christmas! I pray God continues to bless you and sends you a wonderful year next year, as well!

-Casey

Chris Rohman said...

I love you guys - Remedy though, not sure about that one. It was a favorite way back in '99 though I do admit ;)

But yeah - I hope all of you that are kind enough to read and leave comments have a blessed Christmas. I feel pretty fortunate to have a community of people out there that support the band, but also just kind enough to hang out, read, and share their thoughts as well.

Unknown said...

"Remedy" -- Occasionally we have to go back to our roots. You know it's a great song. And those of us who love all Sanctus songs will truly appreciate it.

See, this is why you guys need me. ;-)