Monday, February 11, 2008

A return to my roots

Today has been an eventful day. I regret that I don't have any pictures though - the main reason being it was just too crazy to be able to. As many of you hopefully know our new record releases tomorrow. It's almost like a birthday party - except there's some work involved and I don't know if we'll get any cake. But today started the whirlwind that goes with releasing a new record. I can honestly say though that all of us guys are enthusiastic and ready to promote the daylights out of this thing. All that started this morning - with little daylight actually. I got up nice and early - headed to our local radio station YesFM and met up with the guys there to talk on air. It turns out the station has been running a contest of sorts this past week where they asked their listeners to write 'essays' in which they were to describe how a Sanctus Real song had impacted their life. What a crazy concept I thought - but people actually took the time to write in and it floored me! They decided to pick one story from the pack and give them the opportunity to have lunch with the band and 10 of their friends. That happened today as well - but not before we made a stop at my old High School. You see, it's been ten years since I've graduated and it's been almost that long since I've stepped foot in the school. Today we were able to convince the principal to let us come in and play for chapel - just like we use to when we were 16. It was AWESOME! The students were great, the news channel was there, and we had an amazing time. After that we proceeded to lunch with the winner of the radio contest and 10 of her friends. They were probably one of the coolest group of people we've hung out with in a long time actually - and we all got to eat some great food. So anyways, i'm in the middle of doing some radio interviews, but wanted to write a quick note before things got any crazier. Thanks ahead of time to everyone who goes out tomorrow and buys the new record!! We hope it blesses you ;) See you all soon -

10 comments:

andra said...

Nice!
You should come and play for chapel at my school too :D
What do you think? :)

Jason Haupricht said...

Chris - just wanted to let you know the new record is phenomenal. I've only had a chance to listen to it a few times, but I love the tracks "Whatever You're Doing (Something Heavenly)," "Sing," and "Lay Down My Guns." Great stuff. My wife and I really enjoyed the band's acoustic set last night at the Christian book store. We will be keeping you and all of the band members/road crew/families in our prayers. Stay safe out on the road and thank you for continuing to further the Kingdom of God.

grahamcrackers said...

I was at the TCS chapel yesterday - it was cool!! I'm in 5th grade. You might not remember me but my mom my brother and I came to your parents' garage sale and met you and your wife. You were about to go on a mission trip. Your wife was very nice and she went and got you so we could meet you. We learned that you used to practice in your parents' basement. Thanks for playing at our school. My mom bought us your new CD last night at the bookstore - it rocks.

Josh

P.S. do you ever write back?

SarahLynae said...

Hey chris, this is sarah, the contest winner from monday, i just wanted to tell you that it was so fun hanging out with you guys yesterday, and im glad you had fun :) <><

Ktmac said...

An eagle . . . oh no! Santcus Real is my favorite band but an Eagle. You, my friend, are my "arch enemy!" I teach at Cardinal Stritch in Oregon, Ohio. Never fear . . . I will still continue my fandom (is that a word?).

If you stop using -- then I will stop using . . . ! Peace & thanks for all you do for those us who love Christian Rock!

Chris Rohman said...

hey josh. I totally remember you coming to my parents garage sale. That was pretty cool! We had a lot of fun at TCS. It was a crazy day!

Unknown said...

Chris -- It's been 3 years, but I once looked into buying a guitar from you. I met you in Battle Creek, MI. (I forgive you for not remembering :) I happened upon your blog last week and was compelled to read every word! If you ever get the chance, shoot me an email, I've got a couple questions. (I still have what I assume is an old one of yours. Nobody uses aol anymore, right?) I think my email will show up when I post this.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
andra said...

josh asked you a good question.haha.

Jaime said...

Hey, Chris! Great album! ;) I love it!
I heard you guys live in studio on my local radio station this morning (JoyFM in St. Louis). That was neat. :)
"Cinderella" would have been a great Sanctus Real song! ;) LOL