Friday, October 23, 2009

a day in the life?


on the eve of our new single FORGIVEN being released I decided it would be appropriate to start a 'simple' kitchen project. ridiculous? yeah it kind of was. we had an old sink and faucet. the sink was awkwardly shallow and I could never wash many dishes at once. ok enough of the boring reasons why, since we have a week off I figured it would be cake. long story short I bought a sweet black cast iron sink which was super heavy. installed the faucet and mounted in the counter and discovered my counter top was far from level. couldn't keep the sink and had to get a stainless one which was way lighter and flexed enough to make up for the poor countertop. not that any of this is interesting, but today I finished it up all by myself - even installed the disposal. good news is that all my fingers are still intact and I didn't have to buy a new countertop. definitely not in the mood to do any dishes, which is why I'm writing this instead. (awkward face in picture is intentional I'm pretty positive)



4 comments:

concretegirl2 said...

Congrats on finishing the project. I like your kitchen's backsplash!

Katie McNeil said...

Ha, I like the random can of Coke under the sink!

Unknown said...

Dude, just read that The Who is going to be the halftime show of the Superbowl.

Rockermom said...

nice job, what's next on the list? lol Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Much love, be blessed!