Monday, July 20, 2009

Here we go

I've been eating oatmeal in the mornings lately. Dominique makes it on the stove. We throw in some almonds, dried cherries, brown sugar. It's been a good routine. It helps me to get a better start on my days - at least the days that I'm home. I'm a routine kind of guy. I like to change my guitar strings every 3 shows. I like to cut the grass in alternating patterns from week to week. And this week I think I'll have a whole new set of routines to learn. We made a ridiculously big and overdue step as a band. We finally bought a bus! This ain't no van. I mean I need to learn how to dump the toilet and service the generator. This is serious stuff my friend. So I'll be busy learning some new routines - if you have any advice let me know.

So we rolled into our first show with the bus up in Minnesota. Sonshine Festival is always a good time. I actually found a picture of us playing it back in '03. Crazy to think it's been that long since we started playing festivals in such distant lands as Minnesota. When we pulled up this year though we heard some cool fresh music on mainstage. I'm probably a bit behind, but check out Tal and Acacia if you get a chance. Way cool melodies.

Anyways. See you on the road (hopefully with my oatmeal in hand from now on)

8 comments:

Therese said...

Congratulations on the bus! That's waaay awesome!!

Rockermom said...

Hey sweetie

Nice pic of you guys with your new home-away-from-home, congrats.

I'm a creature of habits too, so I know what you mean. Have fun with the new routines and enjoy your oatmeal.

Looking forward to seeing you guys (mad that you're playing Creation West but didnt play Creation East).

Much love, be blessed!

Mariah Fowler said...

I bet you're happy with the bus! I'm sure you're enjoying being out of the van! Did Pete buy the bus because is was a "Prevost???" Just kidding. :)
Praying for you guys as you are traveling.

Looking forward to see what God does!
Are you all playing any shows in Arkansas?? We'd LOVE to see some of the new stuff!

Take care,
Mariah

Cherylyn. said...

YAY! i am so super happy for you boys! finally!!!!!
highfive!
i hope that beauty of a bus makes it's way to Virginia Beach during your tour with BFF Jason Gray!
;]

Hope you're fab, sir!

p.s. i love oatmeal with fruit in the mornings. <3

Anonymous said...

Wow,so happy for you guys!!!!!!!Great photos.You guys are the best.


Your friend forever,
Stephanie G
Charlotte,NC

Anonymous said...

Love da bus and oh yeah,oatmeal rocks.Ha,ya'll take care now.

Steph G
Charlotte,NC

Katie McNeil said...

And it just so happens to be a 'Prevost' bus. Funny! Congrats, though! You guys work hard and deserve some comfort!

Unknown said...

hey why dont you update this anymore its good to read stories about how your life really is . ya know i can kind of under stand that a christian rocker's life isn't that easy- its not all lala land and easy its hard and it takes lots of devotion. it must be really difficult to stay away from your kid and your wife for long periods of time. i saw you in concert at red lion christian academy in bear, delaware. i go to that school and i'm kind of - how would you want to put it.... the singer of the entire school. it can be very annoying that all anyone wants hear from me is singing except for a few good friends- otherwise nobody cares how your feeling or what your doing.
- alexandra