Sunday, May 10, 2009

Whoop there it is

Here we are in May already. What in the world is going on? I'll tell you what's going on. Or more like, what's been going on for a very ridiculous amount of time with me... meet my friend, his name is Pertussis. It's a horrible name really, so I call him the whooping cough. Yeah - he's been hanging around since that time way back in February. I found out I had it a few weeks back after visiting the doctor for the 4th time and finally having some blood taken and sent to the lab. It's no longer contagious, and when it was contagious I more than likely didn't even have the cough. He's a nasty little friend and I haven't been able to ditch him quite yet. Anyways - I really haven't been myself most of the year because of it, just kinda scrapping by on fumes since he likes to keep me up at night. I'm really hoping he leaves me alone soon though.

So, onto better news. We tracked some new songs this past week! What a crazy week it's been. Started with a hometown show one day, flew to Texas to play the next (on stage performing when just a few miles away the cowboys training facility blew down) ended up in Nashville most the week recording (and sleeping in Jeremy Camp's basement) Wound up back in Ohio for a show in Columbus - couldn't stop there so we flew to Florida to play with some of my favorite bands at Busch Gardens, then finally made it home for Mother's day. One box of tissues later and many cups of coffee and we managed to record 3 songs of which we are all crazy excited about. I can't even wait to see how the rest of the record shapes up! We were pretty busy on a limited time schedule so I wasn't really in picture mode, but I think DAN might have some pics. His blog is way better anyways. Oh and for the record Dan bought the microkorg. Which is a pretty cool little machine.

I also forgot to mention we have a sweet management team. One of the guys that manage us had us over for dinner while we were recording and his wife made us feel like we were home with some great pasta and dessert. Delish. Did I mention we have a sweet management team?

Well I hope you all had a great Mother's Day. Was pretty rad over here. I just got done doing the dishes. It's my nightly duty. "Maybe it's time for a new duty"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha! You just said, "Duty!"

Man, I thought Pertussis was pretty much wiped out by vaccines. I guess you're like one in a million. (I'm home sick today, hopefully I don't have anything like that!)

Glad you got to be home to see you family for Mother's day.

Therese said...

That's awful you've been sick so long! I hope you feel better real soon! We'll be praying for you!

Totally looking forward to the new record! "These Things Take Time" is an unbelievable song! =) I can't wait to hear the others!

Rockermom said...

Hey sweetie

So sorry to read about your sickness, and with that busy schedule it must have felt even worst. Hopefully by the time you read this you'll be 100% better.

I just received the tickets to the show on 5/31 in NJ and cant wait to see you guys again and hear the rest of "These things take time" as well as the other songs.

Keep doing the dishes as well as other household chores, lol

Much love, be blessed!

Cherylyn. said...

poor lad!
i hope you feel shiny & new soon.
i TOTALLY understand not feeling like yourself... i've had lingering health problems, mostly sinus/allergy stuff for a year... and i've just felt out of it! i never feel GOOD... so high five to you for doing all the things you do even though you're so sick!
Get some rest & feel better, friend!

:]

p.s. can't wait to hear the new tunes!